The Xtreme Cavitator utilizes unique geometry to take advantage of the super cavitation effect. This unique geometry combines a square nose, concave sides, and a wide base to create a pressure spike (a long air cavity behind the projectile) as it passes through a media, eliminating drag and ultimately translating to deeper penetration with a well defined wound channel.
Not satisfied with traditional projectiles, Lehigh combined the Defender and Penetrator technologies to use the nose of the projectile to redirect hydraulic energy radially, creating a larger permanent wound cavity than any expanding projectile. The marriage of a concave surface to a square nose makes this unrivaled when it comes to barrier penetration by dividing the strength of the barrier evenly across the projectile, instead of having one concentrated focal point.
The end result is a conservation of energy from a square nose to breech entry barriers, to a concave surface directing hydraulic energy outward, creating an enormous wound cavity and blanketing the projectile with a boundary of air, reducing drag and allowing for better penetration than traditional options.
Nickel-plated brass casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .30 Carbine.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.308.
- This bullet weighs 85 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2050 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 873 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.128002794978676. SD is the ratio of an object’s mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object’s mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of 0.151 – Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo